Patch Notes for Dark and Light are located on this page.
Dark and Light 8/7 Update - Patch Notes
Animation and Sound:
- Weapons / Magic:
- Wooden Bow - Improved animations.
- Ghost Scythe - Added new sound effects to light and heavy attacks.
- Horses - Added hit and footstep sound effects.
- Evades (crouch + movement direction) - Added a forward evade and improved animations for all evades.
- Adjusted various female character animations.
- Adjusted movement animations during character creation.
- Slightly increased the time for rare resource nodes to respawn after being depleted.
- City Guards - Increased base stats.
- NPC health recovery speed increased.
- Divine Creatures - Added spell damage resistance.
- Boss Creatures - Increased health pool.
- Infernus Dragon - Added spell damage resistance and fire damage immunity. Temporarily removed Flame Breath attack. Reduced respawn rate.
- Frost Dragon - Added spell damage resistance and ice damage immunity. Reduced respawn rate.
- Wyvern - Added spell damage resistance.
- Elementals - Added elemental damage immunity based on the Elemental’s type (i.e. Fire Elementals are now immune to fire damage).
- Ice Elemental - Added new water attack.
- Water Elemental - Increased respawn rate.
- Dark Fallen - Added dark damage immunity.
- Ice Wolf - Added ice damage resistance.
- Hellcat - Added fire damage resistance.
- Bahamut - Added fire damage resistance.
- Centaurs - Adjusted animations.
- Wolf - Reduced the amount of Raw Meat obtained from harvesting a Wolf corpse.
- Friendly fire constitution damage reduced.
- City Lords - Adjusted the amount of gold required to enforce punishments.
Equipment / Magic:
- All Projectile Magic (Fireball, Frostbolt, Lightning, etc.) - Increased projectile max flight distance.
- Wall of Lightning - No longer damages structures.
- Small Spell Tower - Increased targeting range by 50%.
- Iron Hammer - Heavy attack hit detection improved.
- Iron Pick - Added a power attack (right-click).
- Spear - Can now aim vertically, even if it looks a bit awkward for now.
- All Armor Types - Adjusted physical and magic defense, and added spell resistance to be more in line with the armor tier, type, and weight.
- Using certain items will now increase related Knowledge node experience.
- Added Health and Mana bars when targeting creatures, NPCs, and other players.
- Adjusted tooltips in the Knowledge interface.
- Added icons above objects that can be interacted with.
- Ice Chunk - Changed the item icon.
- Server Selection UI - Now allows for longer server names.
- Keybinds - Cleaned up the menu and removed unused actions.
- Resetting Potion - Using it will no longer reset your unlocked Schematics.
- Wall of Lightning - Schema crafting requirements, damage tick frequency, and spell duration have all had their values corrected.
- Spider Web - Players can now move immediately after casting.
- Firestorm - Fixed damage against metal structures.
- Fertilizer - Fixed a bug where fertilizer would disappear from a crop plot after a short period of time.
- War Flag - Fixed a bug where, occasionally, after making a war declaration, the House that received the declaration would not be able to damage the declaring House’s structures.
Framework Triangle Foundation - Corrected HP values.
Stone and Iron Pickaxe and Axe - Improved hit detection, making it easier to gather from smaller resource nodes without needing to crouch.
- War Declaration - Fixed incorrect War Declaration time, now persists through server restarts. Fixed an issue where one House was unable to attack another even after receiving a War Declaration.
- Focusing Potion - Fixed a bug where it was uncraftable if learned after level 10.
- Bedrolls - Can now be picked up after placing and will retain durability usage.
- Parachute - Fixed a bug where players were still taking full fall damage even when using a Parachute.
- Dragon Transports - Temporarily removed Estel and Ironfast’s Dragon Transports while the system is redesigned.
- Wall Torch - Fixed a bug where Wall Torches would defy all logic and expand to dozens of times their original size when demolished.
- Guards - Fixed a bug where Guards would occasionally spawn with only 1 HP. Can now actually look up and target / attack flying creatures.
- NPC Vendors - Now respawn in their set location within their city after a set period of time after being killed.
The Sacred Path:
- Adjusted terrain in a number of locations around The Sacred Path where characters and creatures were getting stuck. This patch is focused mainly on the area around Ironfast.
Fixed issues with floating foliage in a number of locations around The Sacred Path.
- Fixed a bug where a character dismounting from certain creatures would allow them to clip through walls.
Longhorn, Hellcat, and Infernus Dragon - Fixed a bug where these creatures would move backwards when using their normal attack while riding them. Power attacks still have this issue, and will be fixed in a future patch.
- Frost Dragon - Fixed a bug where Frost Dragons could be ridden without a saddle.
- Light Elemental - Fixed a bug where Light Elementals could be equipped with a saddle.
- Made adjustments to the Female Guard Armor and Male Traveler Suit models.
Note: we're aware that there are still some issues with the Quest system, and we appreciate your feedback thus far. We're working on those bugs and we'll have a fix out as soon as possible.
Dark and Light 7/23 Update - Patch Notes
Dark and Light 7/22 Update-Servers and Patch Notes
Dark and Light 7/21 Update - PvE Servers and Patch Notes